Wood-firing Ceramics Workshop 2020
AVA Alumni experienced in wood-firing ceramics will lead the workshop as mentors in 1:2 mentor-to-student ratio. Participants will be working closely with the mentors to learn the technique of wood-firing ceramics. (For AVA Undergraduates only)
Wood-firing Ceramics Workshop 2019
With the continuing spread of novel coronavirus, we regret to inform you that the wood-firing ceramics workshop 2020 has to be cancelled.
The Wood-firing Ceramics Workshop is now open for application. AVA Alumni experienced in wood-firing ceramics will lead the workshop as mentors in 1:2 mentor-to-student ratio.
Participants will be working closely with the mentors to learn the technique of wood-firing ceramics.
AVA undergraduate students
Two firing sessions will be organized. Each firing sessions accept up to 12 applicants (total 24 quota).
Priority will be given to students who have attended ceramics course(s) at AVA.
Applicants will be contacted within 3 business days.
Ceramics Course Pre-requisite:
- VART2140 or VART2236 Ceramic Art: From Pinched Pot to Sculptural Form
- VART2546 Ceramics: Hand-building Techniques
- VART2547 Ceramics: Alternative Techniques
- VART2555 Ceramics: Wheel-throwing Techniques
- VART2556 Ceramics: Surface Treatments
- VART3207 Further Studies in Craft and Design (Ceramics)
- VART3237 Creative Ceramics: Concept and Process
- VART3427 Studio: Ceramics VART4096 Further Studies in CD (Ceramics) - Conceptual Ceramics Practice OR
- Any other Level 2 (or above) Ceramics course, please list the course code, course name & attended year
* Students should attend at least one of the above courses.