BA (Hons) in Visual Arts
Programme code: JS2810
The Joint University Programmes Admissions System (JUPAS) is designed to assist students with Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) results and is the main application route for admission. JUPAS applicants should submit their application via.
Best 5 HKDSE subjects including English Language subject will be considered in Academic Score calculation.
We recognise the qualification “Attained with Distinction (I)” or above of the following Applied Learning subjects as unspecified elective subjects.
– Introduction to Theatre Arts
– Jewellery Arts and Design
– Jewellery and Accessories Design
– Innovative Product Design
– Image Design
– Multimedia Entertainment Studies
– Commercial Comic Art
– Interior Design
– Computer Game and Animation Design
– Fashion and Image Design
– The Essentials of Dramatic Arts
– Film and Video Studies
– Film and Video
– Magazine Editing and Production
HKBU Admission Scholarship Scheme for Outstanding Local Students (Visual Arts)
HKBU Academy of Visual Arts provides admission scholarships for local students admitted to the BA (Hons) in Visual Arts Programme in the 2019/20 academic year through JUPAS scheme. HKDSE candidates who meet the following criteria will be awarded:
1) Full 4-year scholarship ($168,400) for those with 28 or above total scores in the best 5 subjects; or
2) $30,000 scholarship for those with 26-27 total scores in the best 5 subjects; or
3) 2,000 and $1,000 for each 5** and 5* subject score respectively for the best 5 subjects.
a) Subject score equivalence: 5**=7, 5*=6, 5=5, 4=4, 3=3, 2=2, 1=1 .
b) Best 5 subjects must include English Language.
c) Awardees will only be awarded under one of the three criteria whichever gives the highest award amount.
d) Counting total scores in maximum two combined HKDSE sittings.